Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wendy Comes to Visit...day 8 (and so does Dan)

We started the day by walking from the bank to Linear Park so Dan could see the alligator.  Wendy & Dan walked a lot faster than we did and got their first but, alas, the alligator was no where to be seen.  We had a lot of rain yesterday and the canal was quite full so he could have been anywhere.  Bummer!

We left the house around 11:00 and drove to Venice, about a 45 minute drive, to Segway Venice.  Once we found the place, we had time to get lunch before our appointment at 1:00.  We found a little pizza place that served it by the slice, which made it quick.
We grabbed an outside table, each ordered a slice, which was actually the size of two slices and a soda.
Wendy found the Segway tours on Groupon, which saved us quite a bit of money.
I love Groupon!
There was the four of us and one other gentleman in the group.  We had to complete some paperwork and watch a safety video, with very realistic stick figures, before going outside for some one-on-one instruction regarding how to ride the Segway.  If you can stand on your feet for an hour or so and have any kind of balance at all, you, too, can ride a Segway.

We rode along the Legacy Trail, which is a wide, flat, paved path, stopping at a nice park for a break.
Someone is showing off!

Even when you are stopped, the Segway is still running so the only thing that keeps you stopped is you aren't leaning forward or back so you stay in one place.
My only complaint was that we didn't get a chance to stop to take more pictures and that we got back in about 1 1/2 hours, rather than 2. Otherwise, it was really fun.  Wendy took a great "selfie" video of her and Dan but I can't figure out how to copy it.  She did post it on FB.

From there we went back to the main strip to do a little window shopping and get gelatos...
These are sooooo good.

photo bomb
We have lighthouses, they have turtles and dolphins.

After looking through a few of the shops, very overpriced shops, we still had time available so we drove to the jetty.  Bill and I have been there several times but have never seen such large waves and so many surfers.  We walked to the end of the jetty and took pictures, just like tourists do ;o)

wait for it, wait for it...
didn't even get wet
What a fun afternoon.  Relaxed a little when we got home, then went to TT's Tiki Hut for a drink
and a walk to the bridge for the sunset.

THEN, they treated us to dinner at a "new to us" restaurant, Torch Bistro. The food was surprisingly good, although we got there at the end of their day, close to 9:00.  We would definitely go again.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment