Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wendy Comes to Visit...Day 3 AND a Birthday

Day 3 was a full day with not many no pictures ;o(  It was a little cooler today.  After our walk with Titan and lunch at home, we did a little shopping at W-M before going to the Peace River Wildlife Center.  We watched them feed the pelicans and listened to Mac's informative talk about them.  From there we went to The Good Ole Day's Coffee Shop at Fisherman's Village.
(internet photo)
We bought beverages and sat on the swing near the marina.  We wandered through the shops before heading home for a shrimp/chicken spinach salad.

On another note...today is Greg's 38th birthday.  As every mom wonders, where did the time go?  He is now ten years older than I was when he was born!  He lives in MA, about 2 1/2 hours south of us.  Greg is a man of few words, with a great, dry sense of humor and he often makes me laugh.  He is a loving husband and father to my only grandchild, 5 year old  Ella. 

His interests are many and varied but include gardening, bird watching, fishing and playing board games.  As I write this, I notice a theme...nature, outdoorsy kinds of things.  I think growing up in the small Maine town of Shapleigh may have helped mold that interest.  With ten acres and not a lot of other kids in the neighborhood, nature was always there to inspire and entertain; then again, I could be totally wrong about that.

I am very proud of the man he has grown to be...responsible, caring, loving, intelligent, funny, honest...all things a mom hopes her child will become.  I'm sure there are other words I could use but these are the first ones that come to mind.  Wishing him a very happy birthday, filled with everything that makes him smile, along with a year filled with family and friends, laughter and most of all, love.  

Happy 38th Birthday, I love you!
Thanks for stopping by...
;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment