Friday, April 21, 2017

Another "Season" in the Books

That's what they call it down here...season...the months when all the snowbirds come and stay to enjoy the nice, warm, sunny weather.  I'm sure they all breathe a sigh of relief when we all go home, like we do when the summer is over and everyone goes home!  

Well, today we are leaving and heading home.  I always have mixed emotions...
I'm sad because:
     I love the warm weather
     I love the big, wide, sunny blue skies
     I love the canal with it's jumping fish and high/low tides
     I love going to the beach and parking for $.75/hour and hardly anyone's there
     I love the tropical birds
     I love the palm trees
     I love the lack of responsibilities and appointments
     I love Mercer's Coffee, the Celtic Ray and TT's Tiki Bar
     I love Charlotte harbor and the Peace River



I'm excited because:
     We are going "home"!
     I love being closer to my family
     I love sleeping in my own bed
     I love hearing the peepers and wood frogs
     I get to reconnect with my friends
     We get to go back to the gym and connect with our Brickhouse family
     I get to eat some of the great things Bill cooks 
     Titan gets his big, fenced in yard!

So, we are on the road again, happy to be heading home but sad to be leaving...

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment