Saturday, March 13, 2021

Southwest FL Eagles...Harriet and M15

 I have been following this nest for several years and for the first time, we drove to Ft. Myers to see it in person.  It seems silly, but I was so excited.

Harriet is the matriarch of this nest and has been here ever since I first started watching it on the internet.  Ozzie was her mate at the time and was much loved.  It's a long story but he died a few years ago, possibly from an injury he sustained during a fight with M15 while defending his mate, Harriet.  It was devastating to everyone following the two of them.

Harriet's new mate was not named but is referred to as M15, a male eagle that arrived on the scene in 2015.  

The adult can be easily seen in the above photo but I don't know which one it is.  Although you can see the two juveniles in both photos, they can be seen better in the below photo.

The juvenile on the left is doing the "heraldic" pose, which helps them cool off.

On another note...today is Greg's 45th birthday.  Happy, Happy Birthday honey.  I'm so proud to be your mom and I love you very, very much!
Thanks for stopping by...
;o)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment