Saturday, June 29, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me, Me, Meeeee

Quite a milestone birthday...SEVENTY FREAKIN' YEARS!  Holy crap, how did that happen?!

It's true that in the past, I didn't look upon getting another year older with great affection.  However, at this point, I have come to the conclusion that getting older is considerably better than the alternative.  So...let's celebrate!

I received a package from Greg a couple of days ago but waited until today to open it.  It's a very cute garden stake!  Now I just need to find the perfect spot for it ;o)
Wendy and Dan met us for breakfast at Keeping' It Local, in Shapleigh, which was a special treat.  They gave me a really nice Acadia poster, a special place for all of us and a place where they have agreed to spread my ashes, when the time comes.
Bill gave me this super cool garden cart!
It came in a box and I had absolutely no idea what it was, even as I started pulling pieces out of the box.  Only when I came upon the instructions, did I figure it out.  Not only did Bill pick it out but he also had to put it together.  Now, instead of carrying a stool and a bucket with all my tools around as I work in the garden, I can put the tools under the seat, sit and wheel myself along.  So.much.easier on my back and legs. 

Each one was the perfect gift!  

The afternoon was spent finishing up cleaning the house for the dog sitter and a 3 hour trip to Middletown, RI for Bill's sister's 50th wedding anniversary party.  It was a nice party, attended by family and friends.  I was very surprised when Bill's sister's children presented me with a piece of cake, topped with a birthday candle and a group rendition of Happy Birthday.  It WAS a surprise and it was very thoughtful of them.

We spent the night in Mansfield, MA and headed home the next day, after a visit to IKEA.

All in all, not a bad birthday.  Let's all do it again next year...okay?

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)




No comments:

Post a Comment