Wednesday, August 16, 2017

That's How You Get Your Name on The Nightly News

I went back to visit the kids at camp on Wednesday.  It was a beautiful day, although kind of windy.  Paula had brought what has become known as "The Wheel of Death" but thankfully, no one died.  It's name is technically Treadmill.

It's actually a pretty cool water toy, which allows you to propel yourself across the water by walking inside the wheel.
It looks harmless, but when the wind is blowing, it's pretty difficult to get it to go where you want it to go.  Wendy and Ella were inside the wheel attempting to go toward the cove, but the wind was blowing them out into the middle of the lake.  I was sitting on the beach, watching them get farther and farther away and getting more and more nervous. All I could think was..."this is how you get your name on the nightly news" and that's not a good thing!

Greg took the canoe, paddled out to them and attached a rope to the wheel, trying to drag it back to shore.  He wasn't having much success and I couldn't sit there any longer, so I huffed and puffed my way into the water with one of the kayaks, promptly tipping myself out and into the water.  GRRRRR.  I finally reached the wheel, and along with Greg, we were able to drag it back to shore.  Thankfully the wind didn't pick up the whole damn thing, with Greg and I attached and drop us all off in the woods somewhere on the opposite shore.  I was super happy to have everyone back on the beach and they decided not to use the wheel again when it was windy.  Good thinking!

Wendy and Jane went paddling, much safer.
She and Ella had fun at the float.  I love this photo.

And this one, too.
I'm pretty sure Greg took the two photos above and this great photo of Jane.
I had a fun afternoon with my family and I'm so relieved no one was injured or worse.  I'm a worrier, what can I say.

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)




No comments:

Post a Comment