Monday, October 20, 2014

Then...Fractals/Now...Sunrise Over a Mountain Pond

Today I completed a wall quilt that I started in 1999!  Yes, really.  I went on my first quilt trip to Amish country with my best friend, Su in April, 1999.  That's when I bought the fabric for this little gem.  I bought the border fabric first, then purchased the Cherrywood Hand Dyed gradation fabrics to go along.  I've worked on it off and on for the past few years and finally decided to get some of my UFO's (unfinished objects) done, starting with this one.  I originally called it "Fractals" but since I don't think it really fits that definition, I reconsidered what I thought it made me think of.
7/20/2014
I free motion stitched and unstitched (removed) the border, then I stitched and unstitched the body because I didn't like the free motion quilting I had done.  Finally I decided to just stitch in the ditch throughout the body, following the colorfully printed fabric but not the green.

I searched for several days trying to find more of the border fabric to use for the binding and VOILA! I found a big piece somewhere among my stash.  Most of my fabric is stored by color but what do you do with a multi-colored fabric?  Darned if I know!

Other than a label for the back, it is complete and hanging in my bathroom.  Not sure if I want to sell this in my Etsy shop, not even sure it's good enough to sell, so for know I will just enjoy something that took me 15 1/2 years to finish.
10/20/2014
Thanks for stopping by...
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment