Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Wishes

Today is my baby girl's birthday.  Well, technically, she isn't a baby any more, she is celebrating her 34th birthday.  34?  How is that possible?  Just yesterday she was a bubbly, independent toddler and today she is a grown woman.  That can only mean I'm getting old!

Wendy is the type of daughter that makes a mother very proud.  She graduated with a Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy and continues to enjoy her work.  She is married to a man that makes her happy, I can see it in her face when they are together.  She has worked hard to become a better partner and wife, knowing that no one is perfect and everyone can use a little help along the way.

She is an entrepreneur, having started a small business with Dan several months ago.  Together they have spent many hours developing their body products and growing their clientele.   Bee Pure & Natural is up and coming and I'm excited to see where it goes.

She is committed to being healthy, eating a Paleo diet and being a Crossfit member.  Some of her lifestyle changes have actually rubbed off on me...I don't drink diet soda any more and rarely drink soda at all, opting for the ever present and boring glass of water instead.

She is intelligent enough to know she does not want to be a mother and strong enough to hold onto that conviction, although it often means quizzical looks and questions better left unasked by those that mean no harm.  She is an excellent mama to her dog, Ginger, adopted as a puppy, now nearly 11.

Wendy is honest, hard working, compassionate, creative, healthy, independent and strong (both mentally and physically).  As with her brother, Greg, I know there are other qualities that I have missed but these are the ones that come most readily to mind.

She is my child, my daughter and most importantly, my friend.  
2011
2012
2013
2014
Wishing you a spectacular day filled with all the things that make you smile, because you deserve no less.  I love you more than you can imagine.
1983

Happy Birthday Honey!

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment