Sunday, May 13, 2012

Eastern Trail

After Bill treated Wendy, Dan and me to a marvelous brunch at Spring Hill in So. Berwick, Bill and I took Titan for a walk along a new section of the Eastern Trail in Kennebunk.  This is a new 6.5 mile section that opened in September, 2011 and runs between Rt. 35 in Kennebunk and Southern Maine Medical Center in Biddeford. 
Approaching the I-95 overpass
Titan checking out the dedication plaque (looking for a place to pee, no doubt)
The trail is 10 feet wide and mostly flat, easy walking.  The only problem for us is that Titan doesn't react well to other dogs and there were several on the trail.  But not this section...
See how nicely I walk when I'm the only dog on the trail ;o)
We walked for about 45 minutes, to the intersection with Limerick Road and then walked back.  It took us about 1 1/2 hours.  By the time we walked back over the highway, Titan's tongue was dragging
I'm ti-urd; are we there yet?
and he was covered with ticks!  More than 50 to be somewhat exact.  We'll go again, but he will stay home.

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment