Saturday, May 9, 2020

Life With Lilli

Did more practicing today, using some of my rulers. ;o)

The top looks great, but the bottom...not so much ;o(
Uh Oh  It turns out that this little piece is very important to the thread tension.
At least I figured it out by myself without needing to call the sewing center.
I felt like the top tension was a little too loose so I tightened it just a tiny bit.  I did learn that although I'm using the same weight thread, produced by the same manufacturer, darker thread is heavier because it has more dye in it.  Go figure...

I was feeling good enough to load an actual quilt.
This is my very wonky Halloween quilt that isn't only totally out of square, but the Frixion pens I used to mark it, took some of the color out.  So, even if it turns out good, it will be bad.  

As I said to Paula "this scares the crap out of me".  

Using this little ruler, I started.
And I did this along two rows.
Look closely, it's there.  
This is the plan for these sections...
I don't really want it to show very much since it's only the beginning.  As the saying goes..."if you can't see it as you're riding by on a galloping horse, it looks great".  hahaha

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment