Saturday, August 31, 2019

Life with Lilli

I've been working with some rulers that Paula loaned me.  I used them to roughly copy a pattern from a class that she took from Margaret Solomon Gunn, an award winning quilter and wonderful teacher that happens to live in Gorham, ME!

First, I used the template rulers to draw my pattern on paper.
Next, I used Frixion pens to draw the pattern on my practice fabric.  It came out a little different than the paper one, but that's just how it happened.

From here, I attempt to use the templates to "draw on the lines" with thread.  It's a damn lot more difficult than I anticipated, partly because of my tendency to be a perfectionist.  However, this project is helping me let that go...at least a little.  Otherwise I would be ripping out every.single.stitch!  I have to constantly remind myself...this is practice.
August 3, 2019
Close up of the center
After almost a month, I made it back to the cellar to work a little more.
August 31, 2019
Now...everyone that knows me, knows I'm my own worst critic, never happy with anything I do.  However, I have to say...although this is far from great, it's not terrible either.  

Once the stitching is completed and I bury all the ends, I'll iron it and Voila, the pink marks will should disappear.  I think I might make a wall hanging so I can compare my first piece with the ones that follow.

Thank you Paula for loaning me all of the templates I needed and for not needing them back in any kind of timely manner.

Thanks for stopping by...
;o)






No comments:

Post a Comment